Wednesday 26 September 2007

Worshipping Mammon



Today I have been worshipping at the Sheffield temple dedicated to mammon - Meadowhall Shopping Centre. And I enjoyed it.



Let me explain. For the last 24 hours Nathan and I have been on a trip to Sheffield. We did three things.





We watched Morecambe get beaten 5-0 by Sheffield United but it was fun watching with lots of other Shrimp supporters.



We stayed overnight at the Travelodge in Sheffield



We had breakfast at Meadowhall and stayed on for several hours looking round.



It was fascinating watching the shoppers. They were mainly women, either in twos or single. Some men were present but it was their female companions who took the lead.



Those men I did see on their own were mainly sitting on benches waiting for their other halves. Ah what a female palace of retail therapy!

No comments: