Tuesday 18 September 2007

God speaks - and how!

On Sunday Sarah Jackson from Cumbria led a family service at IMC with the title "God speaks". It was really good.

What amazed me most was that several experiences of last week all came together in that service. Let me explain.

On Tuesday I went to the nurse at Bentham to have my ears looked at to see if I needed wax to be removed, as I am not hearing very well. She poked about and did a bit of dewaxing but that was not the problem. On Sunday I was asked to tell the congregation how I can hear more clearly when my ears have been syringed.

On Thursday evening I checked into a room at the Travelodge on the M40 Cherwell Services and found a towel behind the bathroom door and a pair of cotton buds on the chair. Cotton buds and towels made an appearance in the service.

On Saturday afternoon I engaged in woodpecker worship and blogged about it. Would you believe it? The service was all about stopping and listening to God just like I stopped and listened and watched that woodpecker the day before.

AND THE SOUND OF WOODY WOODPECKER WAS PLAYED DURING THE SERVICE!!

Was God speaking or what?

What he was saying was that I should find out what it is that is hindering me from hearing him and have it dealt with. Well, the obvious thing is depression.

So I went back to a second session on "Dealing with Depression" at the Village Well, Hellifield and that helped very much.

O, and I have decided to stay off any tablets for the time being.

I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: