Thursday 6 September 2007

Tatterthorn Tat

Just before she went to work at 11.00 a.m. Audrey announced "I'm going for a short walk". Before I could argue with myself I said I would go with her.



We set off round the Circle. This is a 40-minute walk we often take near here which includes our own Tatterthorn Road. Audrey soon had to go back but I carried on and kept busy picking up any bits of litter I saw.



Pretty soon my pockets and hands were full of tat: plastic bottles, tin cans and fag packets. Why is there all this Tatterthorn tat? I wondered. Don't people realise how beautiful this area is? They only care about themselves and getting rid of their rubbish.



By the way, "tat" is defined in my Chambers Dictionary as

Pretentious odds and ends of little real value



A bit like this blog really.

No comments: