Saturday 29 September 2007

Relighting an Old Flame


I have flirted with Miss Write for a long, long time. But I have never yet made an honest woman of her. I've been afraid to commit.

We went out for 15 years when I was the Ingleton correspondent for the Craven Herald, the Westmorland Gazette and the Lancaster Guardian. But it was only a part-time arrangement.

This blog is a loose attachment. I like to let her know what's been going on in my life, but we don't see each other every day.

But just lately I have taken steps of engagement. On September 17 2007 at 7.30 a.m. I began writing my first George Hope novel.

After writing and editing a chapter, which took the most part of a week at two hours a day, I showed it to my wife Audrey. She is a woman of few words and when they come out they are straight talking. To sum up what she said: It has great potential. So I knew I was on to something.

Yesterday I found myself in HSBC Kendal asking about a business loan. Does this mean a wedding? Am I going to commit myself to Miss Write for the rest of my life?

Keep reading and see.

No comments: