Monday 14 May 2007

What I did at the Weekend Part 2




Saturday night was the Chapel Party. You can see the youngsters lined up in two rows to go rushing about.

I didn't rush about. I tucked into a good tea and then a good talk to a couple of mates, one of whom is going through the same as me, except that he hasn't packed his job in...yet.

Sunday morning I preached at Burton. I walked up and down and shouted as usual. This time it was about "I can do everything through him who gives me strength". I preached as much to myself as to them.

Then I went back to IMC to drink coffee, network and generally chew the rag. I can't bear to be away from the place.

In the afternoon we watched Man U lose to West Ham but parade the silverware. At night I sang my heart out at the Shepherd's Choir. That gets my endorphins going!

TEARS OF A CLOWN

These are the words of my favourite pop song. Because I seem quite happy when in public but feel sad inside at home, they reflect my true feelings at the moment:

Oh yeah yeah yeah

Now if there's a smile on my face

It's only there trying to fool the public

But when it comes down to fooling you

Now honey that's quite a different subject

But don't let my glad expression

Give you the wrong impression

Really I'm sad, oh I'm sadder than sad

You're gone and I'm hurtin' so bad

Like a clown I pretend to be glad

Now there's some sad things known to man

But ain't too much sadder than

The tears of a clown, when there's no one around

Uh hum, oh yeah baby

Now if I appear to be carefree

It's only to camouflage my sadness

And honey to shield my pride I try

To cover this hurt with a show of gladness

But don't let my show convince you

That I've been happy since you

Decided to go, oh I need you so

I'm hurt and I want you to know

But for others I put on a show, ooh yeah

{repeat CHORUS}

Just like Pagliacci did I try to keep my surface hid

Smiling in the public eye

But in my lonely room I cry

The tears of a clown

When there's no one around, oh yeah, baby baby

Now if there's a smile on my face

Don't let my glad expression

Give you the wrong impression

Don't let this smile I wear

Make you think that I don't care

When really I'm sad, I’m hurting so bad.

Just on thing more - who the heck is Pagliacci ?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,
Ii once read a comforting piece of writing from a woman who had been a christian for years,she had her ups and downs but never gave up on God knowing he would never give up on her.She said that there are times to learn and times to evangelise,times to scurry about and times to be quiet but more than anything thete is sometimes a time to simply sit in a chair in the lap of our heavenly Father and let him do everything to comfort us.Maybe God is waiting for you to get into the chair with him Pete.I am so sorry that I didn't know about your depression.I know that God has you firmly under his wing.Stop pretending that you are happy and let a few chosen people into your real world.They won't think bad of you.It's hard to read someone when they are wearing a mask.
Love
Sharon (barley chapel)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete,

Just so you know (i think) Pagliacci is an opera not sure what about but hey...

Simon P
imc