Saturday 5 May 2007

Peter Parker - Who are you?!


This question - Who are you? - was hanging over me yesterday. It was first uttered by the counsellor I saw at the University in the afternoon. I was struck dumb. I found it difficult to answer. It was like having a mirror lifted up and held before me, but I didn't want to look into it.

But I had to. And I have to.


As I rode the bus to Morecambe to watch Spiderman 3 I knew the film would cover the same ground. And so it did. Peter Parker has to discover his true identity - Who are you? It's the question that his girlfriend MJ asks at the lowest point in their relationship. His reply: "I don't know!" sums up mine at the moment. Go and see the film. It's quirky but it asks a lot of questions.


Finally I got a bus to Lancaster for a meal with the men from IMC. But there was only Ray and his not-yet-believing neighbour there. But we had a great time.


At the top you can see the view I had from the bus stop in Morecambe.

No comments: