Thursday 10 May 2007

Resignation comes as a shock

I went back into Pendle yesterday. It was the first time back after my resignation was officially announced in all the churches.

I was attending a Hope 2008 prayer meeting at Shekinah. I told Sue Butler first and she seemed pretty shocked. She said she had just been on a 5 day silent retreat at Loyola Hall in Rainhill. Funnily enough, as I came down the narrow road to the farm I was thinking I needed to get away and think about things. She even told me how she went by train. Is this the Lord speaking?

After grabbing a cup of coffee and hug from Vy Dean I told Barbara McCarton and Audrey Mudd. They were shocked too.

Then we got down to prayer and praise. Peter Capstick read out a long list of churches which are praying for Hope 2008 and then said there weren't enough! I reminded him how far we had come in the last two years. I hope it helped. Barbara felt the Holy Spirit was showing her that I should be involved in promoting Hope 2008 in Burnley and Pendle.

After lunch with Peter C I went home and produced a film. Sounds good doesn't it? I got my video camera going, produced an introduction and conclusion to camera, and put stills from The Great Wedding in between. I did intend to put it on here but it's more complicated than I thought. Look out for it later.

Before tea I wrote a poststructural criticism of a piece of writing by Ruskin on Religion. I have to read it out today as a paper in the MA Seminar. Pray for me.

I feel a bit better today, you'll be glad to know. Thanks to Alison for all her kind words after yesterday's diatribe.

No comments: