Thursday 3 May 2007

Travel @ 3.95

View from the bus
Alhambra
Trinity


Was it God or was it Fors (chance) ? I got to Lancaster Train Station yesterday just in time to see the X1 bus setting off for the University without me on it. So I decided to eat my sandwiches and catch a later one. I had just finished when Nathan rang my mobile phone and asked me to go to Morecambe to pick up tickets for the play-off match on Monday.





So I caught a bus from the bus station and bought a Bay Rover ticket. This cost £3.95, exactly the same as my rail ticket. Is there something about transport that stops at this number?

I got off at Christie Park, bought the tickets, got back on to another bus to the Battery and went on to the sands.

Then I walked along looking at the sights, including the old Trinity Church and the Alhambra. The old Methodist Church looked like an anachronism so it's a good job it closed down. The old theatre is still in use as a nightclub.

It was great, walking along the Prom listening to the Carpenters on my ipod as they sang "I'm on Top of the World" because I did feel great in the sunshine. Then they started with "Ticket to Ride" and I thought about my £3.95 tickets.

I always watch Spider Man when on the day of its release but I thought I couldn't this time as I am having a Chinese with the lads from IMC. But then I thought, what about the afternoon? So I bought a ticket for tomorrow.





Then it was back on a bus to the University. The first stage was from West End Morecambe to Lancaster Bus Station and the passengers were mainly school kids from Morecambe High. The second stage was from the Bus Station to the University and the passengers were mainly students. But one lad from Morecambe High travelled all the way to the outskirts of Lancaster.





Then it was to the afternoon Ruskin seminar which was all about Fors - the outside chance. It was a bit over my head. But it means I have to aim high, so that's good. The very last comment likened Fors Clavigera to a blog. Am I the new Ruskin?!!!

No comments: