Thursday 17 May 2007

Guess who came to dinner? And what we talked about at Breakfast

If you've been reading my blogs over the last year you will know that this guy gets quite a few mentions because I think God is really using him in the Methodist Church today.

Here's his publicity photograph:
And here's one taken just yesterday with the camera set (accidentally) on black and white. I am learning through my photographic mistakes. It is the best way to learn.

Mike Bossingham of the Family Friendly Churches Trust was spending a few days holiday in Ingleton with his wife Ann, and they kindly took us out for a meal at the Wheatsheaf.

It turns out that his wife has another identity. She is also called Ann Barker and writes historical novels.

This fitted in very well with my breakfast table conversation with Audrey:

Audrey: Have you found out who you are yet?

Me: I am a writer. I wrote it in block capitals and put a circle round.

Audrey: To keep your feet on the ground, I think you need to get some advice before you go ahead with this.

So I sent off a message to the Association of Christian Writers. I also quizzed Ann at the Dinner Table, as you can imagine.

Watch this space.

No comments: