Monday 7 May 2007

Pete Resigns - It's Official!

Grandad
Grannie
Audrey and Pearl
Duncan Woollerton

I don't blog on Sundays so each Monday will feature What I Did At The Weekend.

Yesterday in all the Methodist Churches in Burnley and Pendle the following statement was read out:


"Pete McCabe has resigned as the Evangelism Enabler for the Burnley and Pendle Circuits so that he can use his strengths and gifts to serve God in other ways.
We thank him for his friendliness and commitment and wish him God's richest blessing for the future."


So it's official. Pete has resigned.
How does Pete feel? To be honest, deep down I wonder if I can ever work for anybody again.
Looking back over the last five years since I first went to the Doctor with Depression I have been struggling to cope. But GOD IS ABLE!
Yesterday at IMC Nick Paterson read out a poem by Dietrich Bonhoeffer called "Who Am I?" It was poignant.


One of the sentences in Nick's sermon hit me like an arrow. "The adventure of faith begins at your point of resignation." Wow!


At lunchtime we entertained Audrey's Mum and Dad - or Grandad and Grannie as they are known to the family. You can see their pictures.
In the evening we had supper with Pearl and Duncan Woollerton. You can see them too. What more could you want?! They helped us to think through the situation and look to the future. God bless them.

1 comment:

post-doc said...

It's very brave, I think, to leave a job in search of something better for you. I wanted to wish you all the best as you continue to find your way. It sounds like you have a lovely support system and wonderful resources to explore different paths until you find one that feels right.

(I also quite liked the photos - it's making me eager to get back to the UK for a visit.) :)