Friday 3 August 2007

Through this valley

This has been a week of activity and sleep. I have been to Hollybush Camp for the day, and also slept a lot because of this fatigue. Nevertheless Jesus is walking through this valley with me.

What valley? The Valley of the Shadow of Death. I read Psalm 23 again this morning and realised afresh that Jesus the Good Shepherd has led me into this valley and I will fear no evil for He is with me.

When RT Kendall preached at CLAN Gathering I was challenged to wonder if this really was the worst experience I had ever been through in my Christian life. I didn't think it was. Up to now, that has always been the time in 1980 when the church I was pastoring in Epping was trying to get rid of me. But now I realise this is even worse.

Why? Because then I had the support of those around me, but now I don't. Nobody seems to understand what I'm going through, only Jesus. And His rod and staff they comfort me.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: