Wednesday 15 August 2007

The Dream Goes on and on

As I walk through this valley of anxiety and depression, led by the Good Shepherd of the sheep, there is one light that shines into the darkness and gives me hope. It is the Shrimp Light.

In my depressive nightmare the Morecambe dream goes on and on. I've seen them win at their home ground, Christie Park, and get through to the Conference Play-off Final at Wembley. I've seen them win in that mighty arena in fantastic style. I've seen them hold good League Football opposition to a hard-fought draw and now I've seen them beat Preston North End at Deepdale in the Carling Cup.

Yes, we beat Preston on their home ground because their people understimated us. The ground staff underestimated the size of support which would come from Morecambe, and the team underestimated the strength of our footballing skill. We dominated them. We beat them. And we deserved it.

Look out Wrexham. Here we come!

No comments: