Thursday 9 August 2007

The Mahoneys





I went to a meeting last night at Ingleton Evangelical Church to hear this family talk about their work in Spain. They moved there from Ingleton.

They are Bob and Debbie Mahoney and their two sons Mark and Paul.

Mark, the older son, read a Scripture in Spanish and Bob talked about it in English. Then Bob showed some pictures and maps of Spain and what they are doing out there.

I found it very moving because many years ago I pastored a church with 12 people in Epping Essex. Whenever we came home and spent time in Ingleton we hated going back.

In January they will finish learning Spanish after 18 months and start leading a 12 member church in central Spain. I don't envy them but I admire their obedience to God's call.

Lord be with them

No comments: