Tuesday 16 October 2007

Setting up a routine

Whenever I go for counselling or advice about my mental problems the person advises me to set up a daily routine. I have been doing this over the last several months and in general terms it is like this:

AM Writing

PM Research

I tried this yesterday but the research tended to get in the way of the writing because I enjoy it so much more. The writing should take priority because that's the way I will make money.

On the subject of writing for money:

Dr Johnson said: No fool ever wrote except for money.

Everyone to whom I tell my ideas about writing looks at me with a quizzical expression that suggests I need to see the psychiatrist again. And they tell me I won't make enough money to live on, or before I set out on this dangerous course I should seek professional advice.

Well, Audrey and I are going to see our accountant today.

King Solomon wrote this in the book of Proverbs Chapter 3 verses 5&6:-

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And he will direct your paths.

This has been my way of life since November 1974 and still is. It works.

No comments: