Friday 12 October 2007

Goodbye Mr Ruskin. Hello Brook House Enterprises

I have had to say goodbye to the MA Course at the Ruskin Centre.

To be honest, I struggled with it all last year. There was my depression, then family problems with dad, the boys and finally me.

My not having a job now means that I have no income and my inability to concentrate for long has meant that I would find it very difficult to cope with the workload. So, citing the above as reasons, I have departed the course.

This meant that I was no longer entitled to the counselling I was getting at the University, as I would no longer be a member of it. But I felt it was time to finish that anyway. I am ready to spread my wings and become what I know I am: a writer.

On Wednesday I spent an hour and a half with a Business Consultant at HSBC in Kendal talking over my ideas. He thought they were sound and so I am going to become a sole trader working as Brook House Enterprises.

Brook House Enterprises will have two active arms: Brook House Publishing bringing hope to the world through the English language and Brook House Properties building the Kingdom of God in Ingleton.

Watch this space.

No comments: