Friday 19 October 2007

Blog Mobile

Here I am in Ingleton Library blogging under the auspices of Mary the Community Information Assistant (otherwise called a librarian) and her employers North Yorkshire County Council.

It's great to be here. I remember writing an article in the Lancaster Guardian a few years back about the great facilities there are here. But it's not just here. I have used Lancashire libraries a lot too, and they are very useful. I would imagine the same is true across all the counties of England.

I once sat here listening to Radio Gloucestershire as I worked on the computer and they had an item on the news that people are using libraries more but the number of book loans is going down. I sent them an e-mail to say that this was because people were using computers as I was at the time.

This morning I went to IMC and opened up the Prayer Room during the Coffee Morning. Although I had spoken to the right people about it, no-one there knew that it was going to happen. That was because Madeline and Mary who lead the Coffee Morning team were away on holiday. This was the unforeseen circumstance I talked to Audrey about over breakfast. There is a law I developed when working at Beaumont College: Something is bound to go wrong somewhere.

As it was, I had it covered with a little speech I had prepared for any eventuality. It worked. Henry Reid came up for a few minutes and this was one more person than I was expecting. So it got off to a good start. The lack of background sound and heating will be overcome in the near future.

Who knows what will happen next week.

No comments: