Monday 22 October 2007

Here I go!

It is 5.50 a.m. on Monday 22 October 2007. I have just sent this e-mail to the writer GP Taylor.

It says it all:-

I asked you two questions at Greenbelt Arts Festival at the Cheltenham Racecourse over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

The first question asked you to tell us the difference between self-publishing and vanity-publishing.

The second was: As I do not live in London can I ever be a published writer?

When I told you that I live on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales you told me to have a go.

Well, here I go. Today I become the writer Pete McCabe trading as Brook House Enterprises. It is 5.43 a.m. and I have just read your article on self-publishing in the Writers and Artists Yearbook 2008.

Thanks for your advice, both oral and written. Do pray for me.

And I ask you to do the same.

No comments: