Saturday 9 August 2008

There and back


After blogging about my great-great grand-dad I looked out of the window and saw that it was a lovely day for a bike ride.

So I packed a picnic and a bottle of water, shouldered my backpack and set off on two wheels towards Lancaster.

Two and a half hours later (including a coffee with Andrew Pye at his house in Claughton) I was sitting on a bench admiring the view of the Bay from - Morecambe!

Yes, I had ridden more than twenty miles by the time I got there. The last half of the ride was on a cycle path all the way from Caton. It made things so much easier. I didn't have to deal with road traffic, just pedestrians.

I celebrated with an orange juice at the newly updated Midland Hotel and rode back to Lancaster and caught the train back to Bentham. This was another first. The first time I had taken my bike on a train. What a day!

No comments: