Wednesday 6 August 2008

Not all plain sailing

I had to go and see another doctor yesterday. This one works on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions. He asked me a lot of questions about how my condition affects my every day life.

He began by explaining why he was asking these questions and then stopped me a time or two to clarify things. This was very helpful as last time I sat there wondering why I was answering all these stupid questions. Now I know.

When we got home and Audrey went to work I discovered that though I am not so depressed any more, I am still dopey. In other words, I still get mixed up.

I found out that I have ordered a debit card for the wrong account because I did not realise we had two accounts with the same bank. I also have booked myself to be in Peterborough and Painswick at the same time.

These two errors started me down the slippery slope of self-doubt which I have been climbing out of lately. But by the grace of God I will overcome them and keep going.

When Audrey came back from work we went out for a meal to celebrate our anniversary. We went to the Marton Arms in Thornton-in-Lonsdale.

So ended our first thirty year together. I pray that the next thirty will be even better.


No comments: