Friday 11 July 2008

William Wilberforce


I have just been reading a review of a new book about William Wilberforce by William Hague on the blog of the Exiled Preacher

I made this comment:
"We need another Wilberforce today. I have been reading The Wilberforce Connection by Clifford Hill, published by Monarch in 2004. It gives a great review of the Clapham Sect and its work. If we took the principles and practical work of that group of Christians as an example we too could see good become fashionable again."

We could too. If we used this modern technology, effective campaigning and all the gifts God has given His Church, but particularly the Glorious Gospel, we could see good become fashionable again.

Hey! Guess what! No depression!

1 comment:

Guy Davies said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog & for the link. Much appreciated. I'm sure we have a lot to learn from Wilber on how to campaign for change in society. I think that organisations like the Christian Institute are helping believers to bring Christian values to bear upon matters of public policy. But we could do with some MP's of Wilberforce's character.