Saturday 3 November 2007

Travelholic?

Can you become a travelholic? I may be becoming one.

On Wednesday I went to Skipton on the train to study the Ingleton censi there. On Thursday it was York, again by train, for business start-up training (ha ha!). Yesterday I went to Liverpool to visit my aunty in Broad Green Hospital. She is there long-term and her affairs are in a mess. It was the travel I enjoyed the most. It makes me feel good.

I especially enjoyed travelling from Broad Green to Liverpool City Centre on a No. 11 Bus. Looking outside at the European City of Culture for 2008 made me realise how much it needs improving. Listening inside to the conversations my fellow passengers were having with the driver and each other was fascinating. One three-generation family complained bitterly about their treatment by another driver, and then a lad got on and was talking to his mum on his mobile phone and talking to the driver and relaying things to his mum. What fun it was observing all this.

As I got off the bus I told the driver how much I had enjoyed it. She said that everyday is different in her job. I'll bet it is. She still took some persuading about the Plusbus ticket when I got on though. But it was worth it.

Today I'm off to Chesterfield with my son Nathan to see Morecambe play there. This time I'm going by car.

No comments: