Monday 26 November 2007

O Pete did you forget?

I have just got back from leading the Monday AM Prayer Meeting at IMC. I have done it for six months now but today I forgot.

I was so intensely concentrating on a little Bible Study I was doing on work that I forgot to go and lead the prayer meeting.

The old enemy of our souls has fooled us into thinking that these two vital ingredients of Christian life (prayer and Bible Study) are the most boring and tedious pastimes on God's earth. So we think they should be avoided at all costs. And that is just what he wants. Because if disciples aren't reading and studying the Bible or joining in prayer together then they are like a car which is not firing on all cylinders. It works but it doesn't work well.

So what have I learned from this morning's mistake? Set an alarm for the Monday AM Prayer meeting and don't neglect it. I do so at my peril.

1 comment:

stem cell therapy in mumbai india said...

Cool thanks for the advice I’ll check it out!