Wednesday 7 November 2007

Staying on-line

Sorry I haven't been around for a while but I'm having trouble with the phone line and it's difficult to stay on-line. Even the electricity went off a couple of nights ago. All the Brook House infrastructure was breaking down. Anyway, I'm back now.


The trip to Chesterfield for the football was a success. Morecambe scored in the first and the last minute while the Spireites (named after this edifice) scored twice in the middle. Very exciting.


That crooked spire at Chesterfield freaks me out. I've been there twice this year. Each time I think the thing's going to fall on me. It looks just ready to plunge to earth. But since it hasn't done so yet and has been there since the middle ages, I may be a bit too concerned. I'm like Chicken Little who thought the sky was falling.

Mind you, I've been to quite a few churches in this and other countries which have fallen down in bad weather. So what makes the crooked spire seem so delicate and yet remain so strong?


Answers welcome.

How's the writing business going? Well, I'm preparing some booklets called Ingleton's Dickensian Characters to sell at the Late Night Shopping in Ingleton on 7 December. I had put it in my diary to do this and I am actually doing it. When I'm working on them and saving them on the PC I call them IDC for short. This saves time.

The writing comes from articles I wrote for the Craven Herald five years ago. I need to edit these, add more information if I can and then put them into a publishing format.

I then need to get into marketing gear and sell as many as I can on the night.

Pricing them is a bit of headache. The price has to be just right. Too little and the customer will scorn the product, too much and he will think it overpriced. What to do, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.