Wednesday 21 November 2007

And another doctor said..




I had to go and see a doctor about my Incapacity Benefit this morning.


He asked some strange questions which didn't seem to have anything to do with depression.


For instance, he enquired if I made the tea and helped around the house. What's that got to do with anything?


Another seemingly unrelated question was what I like to watch on TV. Why did he ask these things?


Well, I'll see if I gave the right answers in a few weeks time.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Hi Peter.

I suffer from depression too (you might like my blog - but then again you might not) and have been both lucky and unlucky with Doctors - some still do not really 'believe' in depression. A complete lack of motivation and activity is common in depression, so I guess he just wanted to see if you were lying in bed all day - as some sufferers do, indeed I have at very bad times. No, I can't understand the telly question either - perhaps he was looking for particularly dark tastes? But that's rather mysterious to me.
Anyhow, I found your blog just by clicking on the 'next blog' button from my own and carrying on.
I wish you well.
All the best,
Colin.

Pete McCabe said...

thanks Colin.

It makes a bit more sense now.