Monday 19 November 2007

More now

Well here I am back at home after my race round Britain.

It was fun and I learned a lot.

The highlights:

Sitting in a small group setting in the Chapel at Harpenden Oval listening to people from all over England and many different denominations. They said they were all seeing the same thing: Growth through small groups. God is on the move.

Martin Robinson from Together in Mission was in the group and said something along these lines: When the church was in decline, you knew what was going on. Now so much is happening you can't keep up with it.

That got me thinking. There should be some means by which the Christian people of this country become aware of what God is doing.

The second highlight was sitting amongst 2500 men in Bradford listening to Paul Scanlon talk about his relationship with his dad. It was very moving. The theme of the conference was I am not my father.

Fascinating insights on both occasions.

What is God saying to me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a very moving and challenging conference. I took some guys down from our church football team who are not followers of Christ and they thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought Rick Godwin was very real and challenging really looking forward to next year.