Monday 9 July 2007

Preaching to a Changing Culture

Yesterday I preached at IMC in a style which was directly related to what I had learned at a conference held by Cell UK called Preaching to a Changing Culture.

First, I made the congregation participants rather than observers by constantly engaged them in question and answer dialogue. Second, I used a PowerPoint presentation to look at images of Christ in various art forms.

Afterwards, I talked to two people who I particularly wanted to impact. They both found the style and art presentation helpful. This morning I wrote an e-mail to Cell UK thanking them for their input into my ministry.

On Saturday I abandoned the Ruskin Symposium for a H2H Follow-up day. This is short for Head to Heart. It is a deep ministry which has had great affect on our church. Most of us who went to the event were from IMC. plus Jean and Sheila from St. Mary's. So it was very much an Ingleton occasion. Interestingly, Head to Heart and Cell UK are very much linked.

The theme was Finding Your New Voice. It fitted in very well with what is going on in my life at present and was another step forward.

May God help me to put that into practice too.

No comments: