Monday 23 July 2007

God owns all the doughnuts





These pictures show the highlight of my week at CLAN Gathering.


It wasn't getting my brain prayed for (although I did). It wasn't the teaching (although it was great). It wasn't even having prophetic words said over me and Audrey (although they were).


It was what J John the Evangelist said in his evening talk: "God owns all the doughnuts".


Let me explain:


Audrey and I now have a very small permanent income based on Audrey's 30 hours a week job at Settle Surgery. So when the Sunday morning meeting at CLAN Gathering was over I said to her: "Can we afford a cup of coffee?"

To cut a long story short: The people queued up in front of us at the cafe bought our coffee for us AND a doughnut. To cap this, Audrey said to me "How come your doughnut's twice the size of everybody else's?" I answered quick as a flash: "Because I'm getting a double blessing!"

When J John spoke a couple of days later and told us that God owns all the doughnuts, it made clear what I had been thinking - that God was showing me through that doughnut that not only could he provide a cup of coffee but a double doughnut as well! In other words, I must never say "Can we afford..?" to Audrey again, because we can.
Many thanks to Stewart and Liz Goudie who bought the doughnut for us on Sunday and were sitting next to us when J John uttered those unforgettable words. That's them at the top on the right.


No comments: