Wednesday 4 February 2009

Rush, rush, rush


I am writing this at the Looking Well in Bentham where I work as a volunteer. My role is to help anyone who wants to go onto a computer but isn't sure what to do.

I have dashed here from Hornby because I was called out on my other volunteering job to drive a lady to an appointment.

This happened because one of the other volunteers phoned in sick at the last moment. So I rang here to say I would be late in and went haring off to Hornby.

Interestingly enough this dashing about has had two affects.

1 I really felt a buzz in having to meet timetables and deadlines

2 I got a headache and starting worrying about whether I would be in the right place at the right time.

If I can overcome No. 2 and put everything into No. 1 then things would be better. But I still see this volunteering as helping me get back to work eventually.

What does this afternoon hold? Well, I'll be with the Looking Well group singing at Reid House in Ingleton at 4.00 p.m. till 6.00 p.m. Then there's an Open Doors prayer meeting at 7.00 p.m., before which I have to go home and eat my tea.

I haven't had a day like this for ages. I suppose it is normal life for lots of people.

But for me it's like going to London - nice to visit but I wouldn't like to live there.

No comments: