Thursday 27 December 2007

Winning Words

I got a book for a Christmas present on Tuesday. Nothing strange about that, I suppose. But I've read it already.

It came from my friends in Australia and is called Winning Words by Margaret Court the tennis champion. She is now a champion for Christ and a writer and speaker. In the book she talks about the power of words, especially the Word of God. It was an eye-opener to me.

This is what her website says about it:

Winning Words

In Winning Words Margaret shares the story of her battle with illness, exhaustion and depression. She discovered that God's word, embraced in faith, releases amasing power for healing and restoration. This has led her to both personal wholeness and a life of helping others. In an easy to read style Margaret shares her discovery.

I spent all yesterday morning reading it. And started putting it into practice. I even sent her an email asking her to pray for me as I did so. I'd like you to do the same. Because I am fed up with this depression and want to win over it.

No comments: