Monday 11 June 2007

OK. I'm back - and how!

Sorry to have been away from this site for so long.



I have been enjoying a voyage of self-discovery the like of which I have never known before.



It all started a week ago Friday when I rang the University Counselling Service to find I had missed an appointment by a week. Normally this would send me into a downward spiral, but I chose to use it to my advantage.



I took my thoughts and feelings (disorganised confused frustrated helpless) and Googled them.



What I came up with was Advanced Deficit Disorder. As I looked at the various websites brought up on the search engine I noted a lot of similarities to my problems: viz. Time Management and Organisational Ability.



I then found myself staring at the personality trait I have always had but never knew.



Allow me to introduce myself: I'm an INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving - person. Only 1% of the population have this trait and they are writers!



Reading that profile was like seeing myself in a mirror.



Later that night: i.e. at 4.00 a.m. I got up and Googled INFP + ADD and the formula I was presented with was: INFP + ADD = Depression? I couldn't believe it. Well, I could.



So that explains a lot. It answers many questions I have had for years. Now I've got to use the information to my own advantage.



Thank God that He has opened my eyes to these things at last. This is indeed a turning point in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter, I was directed to your blog by a mutual friend. I was reading through it and came upon this bit about MBTI. I went to the website you had linked with your type and did the test which confirmed something that I already suspected. I share your type although I had previously thought my type to be ISFP.

Whilst type is only a guide to our preferred way of operating, it does seem to help us understand some of our behaviour traits.

I wish you well in your new vocation.

Joe