Tuesday 26 June 2007

Lancaster City

Last night I was a turncoat. I went to a special meeting about the new Lancaster City Football Club. The Dolly Blues have been going through a rough patch this season. They went into liquidation, immediately losing ten points from their overall League Score, and were relegated two divisions. So last night's meeting could have been called Picking up the Pieces.

I was invited along by Andrew Pye, one of the members of IMC, who used to be on the board. He was invited back onto it during the meeting and Steve Ball was appointed chaplain. I had been willing to do that job, but I felt Steve is better suited to it. But Andrew, I and Ray Coote who went with us, all offered our support as a chaplaincy team.

John Boyers, who spoke at my dinner at Turf Moore last autumn is coming to Lancaster Baptist Church on Sunday 8 July. So we hope to get some men to come along to that.

No comments: