Thursday 24 January 2008

A step in the right direction

I went for a walk with Audrey this morning, or should I say a trudge. I think she got fed up of my going so slowly and marched on ahead to get her sandwiches ready for work.


I on the other hand kept up my even pace telling myself that one day I would be as fit as she is and able to go at her cracking pace. I'm overweight, you see.


I've been feeling rather uncomfortable round the middle for a couple of weeks and took the highly unusual step of weighing myself. The dial told me that I am half a stone (7 lbs) over what I usually am, so I'd better eat less and get more exercise.




At breakfast I didn't have my usual Golden Syrup on the toast and when Audrey said she was going for a walk I told her to wait for me. As it turned out she had to wait for me all the way round. Never mind. It's a step in the right direction.

No comments: