Friday 27 April 2007

the first day of the rest of my life

There is a cliche which goes: Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Well, for me this is really true. At about 4.00 a.m. this morning I got out of bed, made a cup of tea and looked at two unread letters from yesterday. The first one accepted my resignation from a £15000 a year job and the other wished me well in the future.

So as of today I am looking for work.

Let me explain. I have been working for the last 2 and a half years as an Evangelism Enabler for the Methodist Church in Burnley and Pendle. On Monday my employers and I both came to the conclusion that we had gone as far as we could with it.

I have some great pastoral and public speaking skills, but I can't get my head round communication and organisation.

So here I am setting on a path to find my way home. Where will that be? God knows.

But I would like you to join me on this adventure and together we can enjoy the journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pete,
it's 9.00am & I've just found another blog site for you - I'm so sorry to hear about your job - i'd no idea - are you sad? What you write sounds pretty positive - anyway I know you'll be waiting for the Lord's leading
c u 2 nite !
Alison