Wednesday 4 March 2009

internet obsession

Forty years ago, when I was a teenager I was obsessed with radio: I had my own pirate station called the Wheel; I went around the house singing radio jingles; I desperately wanted to be a DJ. That was how Jesus caught me.

I was in Australia, 35 years ago, when a former radio DJ who was then a pastor challenged his congregation to set up a Christian radio station in Hobart Tasmania. That was when I realised that my life was nothing without Jesus.

Now I'm very keen, I wouldn't say obsessed, by the Internet. Just lately I have got onto Skype and Twitter. I realise that Twitter is best used from a mobile phone but there is no way I can afford to do that at the moment. Nevertheless, I want to be at the cutting edge of this technology so that Jesus can be there too.

I've just put my Skype and Twitter details on my email signature so that others can follow me and hopefully follow Jesus. O, and I'm on Facebook too.

Facebook: Peter McCabe, Leeds
Twitter: PeterJMcC
Skype: peter-mccabe

See you around the ether.

4 comments:

Stewart Goudie said...

Nice to see you back on the ether again! Although that reminds me - there is no such stuff as 'ether'! Well that's what I believe anyway!

Pete McCabe said...

Why do they call it ether then?

Rick Rogers said...

Rick puts his tongue in his cheek and wonders if its because they don't want to call it 'either'!?!?!?

Pete McCabe said...

Well said Rick. That thought had come to me too.