Wednesday 11 March 2009

A day in the life

Yesterday I Twittered all day. From getting up in the morning to going to bed at night I was letting all the world know what I was doing. Well, all the Twitter followers and Facebook Friends anyway.

It was a bit of an experiment really, to see if anyone was interested in what a Christian Englishman living on benefits did to pass the time. The most interest came from Facebook. The one Twitter that caused most comment was:
lying on the couch listening to lovely quiet music.

This created several comments. Funnily enough it was the only time during the whole day when I wasn't actually do anything. No, that's not true. What I was doing was recharging my physical batteries so I could get on and do some more.

What was it the Mars ad said? "A Mars a day helps you Work, Rest and Play."

I can't get through a day without having a rest somewhere. Why do we all have to be rushing about without stopping?

I hate the Protestant Work Ethic. Why do we have so many deaths from heart attacks and strokes in this country? Because we're all too busy. Not that we have to be busy actually doing things, but because we think other people need to see that we're busy. That's ridiculous.

No comments: