Tuesday 9 December 2008

Surprised by Green

This morning I was surprised by green. Why? Because I have been living in a white world for over a week.

Here in this little corner of Northern England we have had ten days of frost and snow. I can't remember the last time we had wintry weather for this long. But last night it thawed and everything looked green again.

When I looked out of the window and had a shock at this strange colour, it made me think. How soon we get used to the unusual. The older we get, the more we hate change. And yet, when it comes we take no time at all to get used to it. Then we find it a shock to get back to normal.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I wonder if this also applies to how we think and feel about things. We know what like. We don't want it to change. But when it does then we get used to it quickly. Then what we used to like doesn't seem such a favourite anymore!
Enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts. I think it will get cold again soon!
Yours, Stewart