Tuesday 25 March 2008

I'm dreaming of a white Easter

This has been one of the strangest Eastertides I have ever known. It was certainly the earliest.

Good Friday was on the day that Spring began and it was bitterly cold as we trudged round Ingleton following the cross.

Easter Saturday saw me and Audrey out for a long walk with Friends of DalesRail. We met up at a snowy Ribblehead and followed a circuitous route through Chapel-le-Dale and the outlying farms, back to the viaduct. It was an easy walk but in amongst sunshine and snow showers it made for interesting weather.

This is what I saw out of my front door on Easter Sunday morning:



What a time it was: more like Christmas than Easter. Yet we celebrated Christ's resurrection in no uncertain terms at IMC. The setting and standards of the service were superb. This was very encouraging as it marked the 25th anniversary of Audrey and me attending there.

Easter Monday was spent reading and walking in the snow again. Very relaxing. But now it's back to work. Well, not work but occupying myself until I am fit for paid work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.